My name is Charlie Cordero, I am a documentary photographer of 27 years based in Colombia, with studies of Photojournalism (University of Girona) in Girona, Spain and Master in Editorial Photography and Photojournalism of the school of Arts TAI (Rey Juan Carlos University) in Madrid, Spain. The recurrent themes in my work are: human rights, gender ideology, memory and reconciliation, conflicts and land use. With a photographic style that tries to play between the classic documentary and the contemporary photography, between the descriptive and the interpretive between the direct and the lyrical, between the decisive moment and the interstitial moment.
Currently collaborates with newspapers such as EL PAIS, EL TIEMPO, El Espectador among others while developing personal projects. He also works as a professor in the program of Social Communication and Journalism at the Universidad del Norte in Barranquilla, Colombia.
- National Journalism Prize Winner Semana-Argos, category best photo report (2016) - Colombia
- National Journalism Prize Winner Rodrigo Lara Laborde, Universidad Sergio Arboleda Category Multimedia (2016) - Colombia
- Winner of the contest and exhibitor in Human World “La Tribu” en el festival de PHOTOALICANTE (2016) - Alicante, Spain.
- Winner of the Contest “Madrid Insospechado, escenas latinoamericanas en Madrid”. (2015) - Madrid, Spain.
- Winner and participant of the exhibition Madrid 24H, In the Gallery Centro Centro Cibeles. PHOTOESPAÑA (2015) - Madrid, Spain.
- Finalist and participant of the collective exhibition "Sin Fronteras" Alianza Francesa Madrid PHOTOESPAÑA (2015) – Madrid, Spain.
- Finalist and participant of the collective exhibition in Festival Internacional de la Imagen FNI (2015) - Pachuca, México.